To use the web based membership application form, click on the link to the left, print the form, then use your browsers BACK button to return to this page. After reading the application, fill in the blanks at the bottom of the page between APPLICANT and COOPERATIVE and mail it to either of the Jackson Electric offices. Since a service location is needed, please contact a Jackson Electric Cooperative office.

New Service Requirements:

JEC Application for Service: To receive new electrical service, you must sign an application for service for the particular location you wish to connect. If not a member already, signing this application makes you a member of Jackson Electric Cooperative. A deposit will be required; however, in some cases, the Coop may perform a credit check and decide if a waiver of deposit may be acceptable.  Please direct any questions concerning deposits or billing to our office location closest to you.

County Permit: This permit deals with flood plain issues and is required by Brazoria, Jackson, Lavaca, Calhoun, and Matagorda Counties at no cost to you. We must have this permit to initiate a new service request. Please contact your floodplain administrator for your county:

Brazoria County Building Permit Dept.

111 E. Locust
Bldg. A-29, Suite 210
Angleton, Texas 77515
(979) 864-1295
(979) 864-1636
Fax (979) 864-1003

Calhoun County Floodplain Administrator

Bill Zwerschke
211 S. Ann
Port Lavaca, Texas 77979
(361) 553-4455

Jackson County Floodplain Administrator

Tina Matejeck
411 North Wells, Room 130
Edna, Texas
(361) 782-7552

Matagorda County Floodplain Administrator

Lisa Krobot
2200 7th Street
Bay City, Texas 77414
(979) 244-2717

Lavaca County Floodplain Administrator

Robert Kessler
PO Box 243
Hallettsville, Texas 77964
(361) 798-5310

Easement: If it is necessary to extend a high voltage line to your location, a legal right-of-way easement is required. The property owner(s) must provide us with sufficient information to complete the easement. The minimum information would be a copy of the filed deed with the page and volume readable on the deed. The easement must be signed and notarized prior to construction of new facilities.

Meter Loop: The meter loop must be constructed to flood plain requirements and our specifications and in the ground. The only exception is a signed agreement to purchase a meter loop from Jackson Electric Cooperative and a stake in the ground marking the desired installation point.

Right-of-way Clearing: All clearing must be accomplished prior to any construction. For a high voltage line extension, the path of the line must be cleared fifteen (15) feet on each side of the line (twenty (20) feet for crossarm construction) from ground to sky. For service wire, a 5 foot circle around the path of the conductor is required to be clear of any obstruction.

For more information: Use this link to go to our Initial Contacts page. Listed there are cooperative contacts who can further assist you.